Lower Bucks Church of Christ

History of the Lower Bucks Church

Congregation1953

The Lower Bucks Church of Christ congregation had it beginning on July 5, 1953 when the originating members who had been worshiping with the Liberty Street Church of Christ in Trenton, NJ decided to form a new congregation. This was done not for any philosophical differences with the Liberty Street Church, but to establish the presence of a congregation in the Levittown – Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania area. Originally called the Levittown – Fairless Hills Church of Christ, the members met for worship services in the home of Helen Almond and then in the home of Wendell and Barbara Kee, our first minister and his wife.


Chapel1956 As the congregation grew our homes became too small to hold our worship services. For a brief period of time we met in the library of Delhaas High School located relatively close by. Later we moved to a very old chapel in the midst of the small cemetery in Tullytown, Pennsylvania. It was here that the members could foresee that a new building would soon be needed to accommodate the needs of the congregation.


NewBldg1956

While we met and worshiped at the old chapel, land was purchased and construction began for a new facility on the Levittown Parkway in the Holly Hill section of Levittown, Pennsylvania. The new building was completed and dedicated in 1956. Our worship services have been held here at this location since that time.





ChurchBuildingGS

In 1985 the building was expanded to accommodate our added growth and to update the facilities for use in the future. In recognition of the wide region we are now reaching, we became known as the Lower Bucks Church of Christ. Today we continue to worship our Lord and are committed to spreading His divine word throughout Lower Bucks County.